Re: python-babel

On 1/10/20 8:50 PM, Håvard Flaget Aasen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The python-babel [1] package is currently broken, there isn't any bugs
> reported yet, but after the transit to
> python3.8 it failed the testsuite. New upstream version 2.7.0 and above
> fixes these issues.
> To update the package there is a 'repack' script which i believe is
> broken, I at least did most of the work
> manually. For that reason I haven't dared push it to the official repo
> yet, if anyone have time, it will be nice
> with a second opinion. It's still some work left, but it builds and
> tests fine. The version I updated is currently here [2]
>
> The script might only require a minor fix but i noticed that the files
> being downloaded already exist
> within Debian. The package unicode-cldr-core [3].
> Is it possible to have this as a build-dependency, have a Files-Excluded
> in d/copyright file and
> drop the repack script altogether? If there still is a reason to change
> the files in the first place.
> If this makes it any easier/better of course.
>
> I'll appreciate all kinds of feedback.
>

> Håvard
>

> [1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/python-babel
> [2] https://salsa.debian.org/haava-guest/python-babel
> [3] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/unicode-cldr-core

Hi,

I tried to build python-babel to sponsor the upload from what's in the
Git in the DPMT, and it failed to build for me:

# Generate the localedata folder data out of the xml files
# downloaded in debian/repack
scripts/import_cldr.py common
Processing root.xml (Language = root; Territory = 001)

root: Unsupported number system "adlm" in <symbols numberSystem="adlm">

[... lots of lines like this one ...]

root: Unsupported number system "vaii" in <currencyFormats
numberSystem="vaii">

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "scripts/import_cldr.py", line 968, in <module>
    main()
  File "scripts/import_cldr.py", line 193, in main
    dump_json=bool(options.dump_json)
  File "scripts/import_cldr.py", line 207, in process_data
    _process_local_datas(sup, srcdir, destdir, force=force,
dump_json=dump_json)
  File "scripts/import_cldr.py", line 435, in _process_local_datas
    write_datafile(data_filename, data, dump_json=dump_json)
  File "scripts/import_cldr.py", line 167, in write_datafile
    with open(path, 'wb') as outfile:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/<<PKGBUILDDIR>>/babel/locale-data/root.dat'

Can you fix this?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)