Re: python-requests: adding a documentation package python-requests-doc

Hello Fabrice,
thanks for pinging I did not notice the MR :(
Please next time can you assign it to me? I should reveive some sort of
notification I hope! :)

On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 12:35:19AM +0100, Fabrice BAUZAC-STEHLY wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wish there was a python-requests-doc package for browsing
> python-requests' documentation offline.  I'd like to add it if I can.
>
> I saw that debian/watch currently targets the PyPI tarball, which lacks
> the documentation.

Yes, I usually preferred PyPI distribution, but I'm fine switching since it
will enhance users experience.

> As a first step, I'm submitting a merge request [1] so that debian/watch
> tracks the github releases instead, which do contain the documentation.
>
> After that, once a new upstream release of requests is published and
> propagated into the salsa repository, the latter will start
> containing the missing docs/ subdirectory.  So we'll at least be able to
> start working on a new python-requests-doc binary package containing the
> documentation.
>
> In the merge request, I've basically applied the github recipe as
> indicated in the uscan(1) manpage.
>
> If you could have a look at this merge request, that would be excellent.
>
> [1] https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/modules/requests/merge_requests/1

Looked at it, I would prefer the more common:

-8<----------------------------------------------------------------------------
version=4
opts=filenamemangle=s/.+\/v?(\d\S+)\.tar\.gz/requests-$1\.tar\.gz/ \
  https://github.com/psf/requests/tags .*/v?(\d\S+)\.tar\.gz

Please can you update your MR? Can you also update d/changelog, so I will not
to have to write manually that I thank you and the attribution of the work you
have done? :)

Thanks for your contribution!

Regards and happy new year,

--