Re: Understanding pybuild

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Shachnev <mitya57@debian.org> writes:
> On Thu, Dec 19, 2019 at 01:09:40PM +0100, Ole Streicher wrote:
>> 2. dh_auto_test then tries runs the tests in .pybuild. If the test need
>> data files installed, they must be copied manually (right?).
>
> You can use debian/pybuild.testfiles to copy the test files. See pybuild(1)
> for details.

That would formalize it a bit, but still does not solve the underlying
problem: it requires that I maintain the list of these files manually,
while upstream already does this (by adding them to the list of data
files).

And also, the built time tests are with pybuild not done with the files
(anc compilations) that are finally installed, but the installed files
(especially Python extensions) are created again from scratch, doubling
the compile time and introducing another difficile source of error.

Best regards

Ole