Re: Policy About Maintainer and Uploaders Fields (was: PAPT: join request)

On 11/10/19 1:20 AM, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> is there any public trace of these "many voices"?

Just like when we discussed moving away from SVN to Git, we can't know
the exact number unless we have a kind of poll/vote (but we don't
actually *have* to start such poll... I'm just saying it's hard to know
otherwise).

However, I can account for maybe 5 people (it's hard to remember) who
told me (face to face) they hate this policy, and it felt like there was
a broad consensus that it was really against a team spirit, plus it made
little sense to have a package team maintained with strong ownership. I
wouldn't name the persons I have in mind publicly, because they haven't
granted me the permission to do so, and therefore, it wouldn't be nice
to do so.

All of this is just feelings I had during conversations with others, and
of course, cannot be accounted as just plain facts, so just take it as
it is: just a report of the feeling I had when talking with others, that
it looks like I'm far from the only one disliking this policy because of
the above mentioned reasons.

As Louis-Philippe wrote, it's very much ok to delay this conversation,
but sooner or later, it will come back on the table.

Thomas Goirand (zigo)