Re: Streamlining the use of Salsa CI on team packages

On 15 September 2019 23:01:46 BST, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:

snip

>This tells "instance_type: g1-small", which doesn't match any name at:
>https://cloud.google.com/compute/vm-instance-pricing
>
>Am I right that this is n1-standard-1, which is 1 VCPU and 3.75 GB?

Nop, this is incorrect you're looking for this
https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/machine-types#sharedcore

snip

>Since we're talking about the smallest type of instance possible at
>google, then other people may have experience the lack of RAM for sure.

g1-small are not the smallest but problem with them is that those are shared CPU with 1.7GB of ram.

I agree that this is not suitable for heavy build packages.

I personally would hope that packages build by salsa are throw away and are just for testing then source is uploaded and they are rebuild by buildd's in such case there would be no need for root or any other heavy handed management of those.
But as some people already stated there is not much info from salsa team about their plans in this regard.