Re: Removing python2 packages

On 7/24/19 8:44 PM, Scott Talbert wrote:
> Assuming python 2 is removed from bullseye, upon an upgrade from buster
> to bullseye, I guess we are assuming python 2 would remain installed on
> upgraded systems?
>
> Scott

We discussed this during Debconf. Possibly, we'll have to leave the
Python 2 interpreter in Bullseye to be able to upgrade, and also maybe
to build pypy3.

As written previously, after the upgrade this would be strongly advised:

apt-get --purge autoremove

When the time comes, we probably will need to write about it in the
Bullseye release notes. Though that's far from now...

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)