Re: python-intervaltree in Debian Python team maintenance

Hi Hilko,

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 11:54:21AM +0200, Hilko Bengen wrote:
> * Andreas Tille:
>
> > I noticed that python-intervaltree is not maintained in Debian Python
> > team.  I wonder whether you might want to move this package to the
> > team repository and follow the Debian Python policy (by putting the
> > list as maintainer and you as Uploader).
>
> I don't seem to have permissions for the Salsa
> https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/modules tree and thus far, I never
> took the time to find out how to get them. This is the main reason why I
> didn't put the package under team maintenance in the first place.

Its described in DPMT policy how to become a member:

   https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/python-modules/blob/master/policy.rst

> Please consider my answer as permission to "hijack" the package on
> behalf of the Debian Python Team.

Thanks for the permission to "hijack".  I did such things in the past
and its way more relaxing with permission of quickly responding
maintainer than with no response at all. ;-)

However, I was told here at DebConf that I'm the DD with the most
packages (I have not checked) and I rather would love to change this
into the direction of less than more packages.  Specifically since I
realised that the dependency tree which is including
python-intervalltree is very improbable to be ported to Python3 and
I might need to remove these packages from Debian anyway.  Thus my
motivation to maintain that package is even lower.

I'd be really happy if you apply for DPMT membership, put the
Mailinglist as Maintainer and yourself as Uploader.  The time is very
fortunate I'd volunteer to ping DPMT maintainers here at DebConf to
process your application quickly and give you permissions as quick as
possible. ;-)

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--