Re: upstream release of unreleased package

Hi Daniel,

On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 09:15:59PM +0000, lluvia@autistici.org wrote:
> I paste below a (reproducible) log of what I did. Maybe you can show me what
> I did wrong this time so I am not able to build package for 0.3.8.
>
> [...]
> $ gbp buildpackage --git-tag-only
> gbp:info: Tagging 0.3.7-1 as debian/0.3.7-1
> $ gbp pq import
> gbp:info: Trying to apply patches at 'e7df8339db59a5e92f14523f3c704a989c5b2e74'
> gbp:info: Patches listed in 'debian/patches/series' imported on 'patch-queue/debian/master'
> $ gbp import-orig --pristine-tar --uscan

Here, the output of ‘gbp pq import’ is a bit different (note the ‘0’):

  0 patches listed in 'debian/patches/series' imported on 'patch-queue/debian/master'

And I cannot reproduce the failure that you are getting later. Does this
mean you are using git-buildpackage older than 0.8.0?

In 0.8.0, the output of ‘gbp pq import’ was changed, and in 0.8.2
bug #832016 was fixed, which may affect your workflow.

Anyway, I think that here you should run import-orig from debian/master
branch, not from patch-queue/debian/master (where the previous command
left you). If you run ‘git checkout debian/master’ before ‘gbp import-orig’
this might work even with older git-buildpackage versions.

I recommend setting up your shell prompt to show the current branch, it will
make it easier to understand what is going on. You can find some instructions
how to do it in /usr/lib/git-core/git-sh-prompt.

--
Dmitry Shachnev