Re: upstream release of unreleased package

On 2019-02-12 19:19, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
I have no idea about gbp-pq but I guess resetting just master is not
enough to fix that repo.

Please also note that force pushes are bad and deleting tags in published
repos doesn't really work so please don't do that, especially when the
problem is mainly with the unpublished pq branch and some files in
debian/patches that can be easily reverted.

I changed the strategy to git revert and now I am able to build the package with the following commands:

gbp clone git@salsa.debian.org:python-team/applications/visualequation.git
cd visualequation/
uscan
git revert HEAD # "Revert last commit due to human error"
dch -v 0.3.8-1
dpkg-source --commit
-> Enter the desired patch name: 0001-Imported-Upstream-version-0.3.8.patch
git add debian/changelog debian/patches/*
git commit -m "Fixing upstream version 0.3.8"
debuild -us -uc

Do you find it correct/appropriate?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel