Re: [RFC] Dropping Python2 support for my package

On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 04:39:44PM +0100, Bastian Venthur wrote:
> > just drop the python-debianbts binary, without doing any kind of
> > strange migration, and keep the name python-debianbts for the
> > python3 package, as the Debian Python Policy states.
>
> I think there's an error in your advice and I can't figure out what
> you mean. You're suggesting to drop *and* to keep the python-debianbts
> package :) Can you please clarify?

Yes, I made an error there indeed (that I think Andrey corrected
already).  But let my try again:

just drop the python-debianbts binary, without doing any kind of
strange migration, and keep the name python3-debianbts for the
python3 package, as the Debian Python Policy states.

As Andrey wrote, don't touch the source package name either.

Sorry if I spread confusion accidentally…

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

more about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :