Re: Removal of easy_install

Scott Talbert <swt@techie.net> writes:

> About a month ago, Matthias removed easy_install from setuptools.  I
> have sent him a few mails and bugs asking about it, but I haven't
> heard anything back.  Anyone know why he did it?  I have a package
> that currently FTBFS because of it.  :(

Why does a source package *build* need to use ‘easy_install’? The source
package should not need any network access to build, all the source
should be in Debian source packages that are fetched before the build
begins.

Which package is the one that's failing to build now?

--
 \           “I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I |
  `\          prayed with my legs.” —Frederick Douglass, escaped slave |