Re: Backport of Python 3.6 for Debian Stretch?

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 12:58 AM, Jeremy Stanley <fungi@yuggoth.org> wrote:
On 2018-04-24 23:42:30 +0700 (+0700), Nguyễn Hồng Quân wrote:
[...]

I completely understand the reason for using packages, but Debian is
a volunteer project which does not exist solely to solve your
problems so you can either do something you already know how to do
(build Python 3.6 from source) and move on, or learn to make the
packages you want (including fixing any backporting issues you find
when doing so). Asking others to tell you how to do that is not the
sort of self-directed research expected of participants in a
volunteer project, it's at best begging and at worst disrespectful
of those who have invested the time to learn the things you're not
willing.

https://backports.debian.org/Contribute/

​Sorry if you feel disrespectful. But don't you think that this issue is not mine-only, it may be other users as well?
​I spent much time to research on it, so that I can tell what difference between 3.6.1 and 3.6.4 packaging.​

My voice here may let the packager think again why they make package scripts so different between minor versions of Python. Don't you think that it is good?

--
Quân