Re: Backport of Python 3.6 for Debian Stretch?

On 2018-04-24 22:07:03 +0700 (+0700), Nguyễn Hồng Quân wrote:
[...]
> I don't need to "not disturb" system.
> If have to use conda, pyenv, I would rather build Python3.6 from source
> tarball, not to bring more overhead (conda body, pyenv body), and
> "Python3.6 from source" still not disturb my system, because it is
> installed to "/usr/local".
>
> But I don't want any method that requires to build Python from source
> (tarball, pythonz, conda or alike), because I really need *pre-built
> binaries*.
[...]

Unless I'm missing something, there's no substantial difference
between building a package of Python3.6 and copying it to the
system, or performing a `make altinstall` and copying the resulting
files (via rsync, tar and scp, whatever) to the target system. If
you're okay with the idea of building packages remotely, then why
not build from source remotely?
--
Jeremy Stanley