Re: Questions about salsa and Git

Simon McVittie <smcv@debian.org> writes:

> Is this now official policy for new/updated/converted Python modules
> maintained by DPMT?
>
> Is it official policy for new/updated/converted Python applications
> maintained by PAPT?

I am not exactly an authoritive figure, but I believe the answer to both
of these is yes.

It is possible that there are a number of packages that still need to be
converted. I had a script on aloth to do this, it might need updating
for salsa. Especially as it relied on direct access to the git directory
to change the default branch.

> At the moment each of those pages says that the Python teams have chosen
> the relevant packaging system and that the other packaging system is
> forbidden, which is confusing at best.

Both pages do need updating.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>