Re: the new PyPI, coming next month

On 03/31/2018 10:15 PM, Sumana Harihareswara wrote:
> Debian-Python experts,
>
> I'm writing to you in hopes you will forward this to the right places,
> and file relevant bugs against uscan/watch, which I don't quite
> understand enough to do myself. And if you want to follow up on
> https://github.com/pypa/warehouse/issues/358#issuecomment-337233792 and
> file a new issue asking for us to support your redirector more cleanly,
> I'd welcome that.
>
> I'm the project manager for the new Python Package Index (Warehouse),
> which is currently in beta at http://pypi.org/ ....

[snip]

Because the above was basically a copy of a mail I attempted to have
posted to this list a few weeks ago, I neglected to add a link to our
beta announcement

https://pyfound.blogspot.com/2018/03/warehouse-all-new-pypi-is-now-in-beta.html

which has an updated list of migration steps, and our IRC/Twitter
livechat hours. Apologies. The upcoming livechats:

* Tuesday, April 3rd, 8am-9am PDT, 11am-noon EDT, 17:00-18:00 CEST,
8:30pm-9:30pm India, 15:00-16:00 UTC
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Warehouse/PyPI+beta+livechat&iso=20180403T10&p1=24&ah=1

* Thursday, April 5th, 5pm-6pm PDT, 8pm-9pm EDT, (April 5th) 8am-9am
Manila, (April 5th) 10am-11am Melbourne, (April 5th) 0:00-1:00 UTC
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?p1=24&iso=20180405T19&msg=Warehouse/PyPI%20beta%20livechat&ah=1&low=4

And please forward
https://pyfound.blogspot.com/2018/03/warehouse-all-new-pypi-is-now-in-beta.html
widely; we'd like to get PyPI users to test Warehouse as much as
possible during the next couple weeks.

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Warehouse project manager