Re: packaging django-rest-framework-filters

On 2018-11-22 08:59 +0100, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 11/22/18 6:02 AM, Wookey wrote:

I guess djangorestframework-filters is
clearer, and closer to upstream so people can find it. I'll go with
that unless someone says the drf-* names are a better plan.

OK. I've made a new package (djangorestframework-filters), which seems OK.
(actually I've made 2 (see below))

I'm not a member of the modules team, so can't follow the instructions
to make a salsa project under the python-team banner
(https://wiki.debian.org/Python/GitPackaging)

I'll put it under wookey for now.

Also, the latest release is 0.10.0.post0, which says it's compatible with:
* **Python**: 2.7 or 3.3+
* **Django**: 1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11
* **DRF**: 3.5, 3.6

However the version of DRF in testing is now 3.8, and python 3.6 so perhaps it's
better to upload the upcoming v1.0.0.dev0:
* **Python**: 3.4, 3.5, 3.6
* **Django**: 1.11, 2.0, 2.1b1
* **DRF**: 3.8
* **django-filter**: 2.0

But the version of django-filter in debian is 1.1.0, so at first
glance neither of these versions will work with the components available.

I'd normally upload the last released version, i.e. 0.10.2.post0, but
I'm not sure how these interactions with versions of
djangorestframework and django-filter work. Any advice or shall I work
this out with upstreams?

Wookey
http://wookware.org/