Re: Best way to handle circular build deps to make a pypy- package

Le mercredi 15 août 2018 à 15:11:25+0200, Pierre-Elliott Bécue a écrit :
> Le mercredi 15 août 2018 à 13:10:39+0200, Samuel Thibault a écrit :
> > Pierre-Elliott Bécue, le mer. 15 août 2018 13:05:09 +0200, a ecrit:
> > >  2. What's the proper way to handle such packages?
> >
> > Build profiles? You can annotate the build-dep needed for check with
> > <!nocheck> so that one can easily (re)bootstrap the circle at any time
> > by using DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nocheck dpkg-buildpackage -Pnocheck
>
> Thanks, I'll dig the wiki pages and try this!
>
> Cheers!

Hi,

So I found a way to build locally, using your suggestions. In my case I
guess I could upload directly the output of the nocheck build as the bin
package isn't altered.

But how should I handle the upload in the archive in a general case? Let's
imagine my profile produces a different bin package, eg if foo -> bar (for
specific foo functionalities) -> foo, so with a stage1 foo, then a stage1
bar and then a stage2 foo, how should I proceed? Do all the builds locally
and upload the packages obtained from the last build?

On the other hand, let's assume one wants to do a sourceful upload, and not
upload the .deb files (I know this is not possible when one introduces a new
package in the archive), then the buildd farm couldn't succeed because the
nocheck wouldn't be taken into account. So this means profile builds
systematically require source + binary upload?

Maybe some of these questions may seem dumb, but I'd rather ask them than
upload shit to the archive. ^^

Thanks. :)

--
Pierre-Elliott Bécue
GPG: 9AE0 4D98 6400 E3B6 7528  F493 0D44 2664 1949 74E2