Best way to handle circular build deps to make a pypy- package

Hi,

I was asked a long time ago to make a pypy package for nose2[1]. I realized
while considering this bug that I'd require to have a pypy package for mock
first. mock build-depends on unittest2 and pbr that are not pypy-packaged
either.

pbr is maintained in the OpenStack Team, but zigo is eager to help me should
I provide a sustainable MR. The thing is, pbr build-depends (indep) on
mock[3].

The way I see it, a solution is to:

 1. Build the pypy-pbr package without the testing phase (which seems to be
    the part where mock is required), and upload it.
 2. Build the pypy-mock package and upload it.
 3. Rebuild the pypy-pbr package with the testing phase and upload it.

But that doesn't satisfy me, because I guess sometimes I couldn't use this
subterfuge to build the packages.

So I have two questions :

 1. Are there other packages with the same circular build-dep thing, and if
    so, can someone provide me with examples?
 2. What's the proper way to handle such packages?

Thanks a lot!

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=887933
[2] https://tracker.debian.org/media/packages/p/python-mock/control-2.0.0-3
[3] https://tracker.debian.org/media/packages/p/python-pbr/control-3.1.1-4

--
Pierre-Elliott Bécue
GPG: 9AE0 4D98 6400 E3B6 7528  F493 0D44 2664 1949 74E2