Could somebody change the alioth documentation, have a buster roadmap and know what's missing to move to python 3 entirely.

Dear Friends,

I was just looking for documentation about what's keeping us from
getting to python 3 but couldn't find anything which I could lay my
finger on.

I did find some obsolete documentation though on the wiki. The entries
can be seen at -

https://wiki.debian.org/Python

and

https://wiki.debian.org/Python/Python3Port

The list addresses are of alioth glven therein. I am guessing most of
those mails have been submerged in debian-python debian mailing list
(i.e. here) probably.

I was also looking for a BusterRoadmap on lines of the Stretch roadmap
and the Jessie roadmap from before but didn't find anything :(

https://wiki.debian.org/Python/StretchRoadmap
https://wiki.debian.org/Python/JessieRoadmap

I have also been trying to understand which packages/modules are
remaining for python 3 to be the default-python

$ apt-cache policy python
python:
  Installed: 2.7.15~rc1-1
  Candidate: 2.7.15~rc1-1
  Version table:
 *** 2.7.15~rc1-1 500
        500 http://cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian buster/main amd64 Packages
        100 http://cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian unstable/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Look forward to answers. I do remember of times reading documentation
when the stdlib did not have all the libraries of a particular 3.x
version. I also remember reading somewhere that we still used lot of
python 2 scripts. Another could be that 2.7 will have support till
2020.

In either way having a roadmap would be nice.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल