Re: Backport of Python 3.6 for Debian Stretch?

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 11:45 PM, Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@wrar.name> wrote:
> > Adapt it from the 3.6.1 one?
> >

> ​Excuse me. What do​ ​you mean by "adapt"?
Replacing the tarball and changing the version in the changelog, for a
start.

As I told: "But there is difference in dependency hierarchy between Stretch and Buster, so the found script produces *.deb files which are not installable (due to missing dependencies)."

​Changing changelog file is not enough to make it works.

One example:
From 3.6.4, the build script specifies that​ python3.6 depends on python3-distutils, but python3-distutils doesn't exist on Debian stretch.
In 3.61, there is no this dependence relationship, so the deb is installable on Debian stretch.

"python3-distutils" is just one of problems starting to appear from Python 3.6.4 packaging script.

--
Quân