Re: Backport of Python 3.6 for Debian Stretch?

Hi,

You can use pythonz, conda or pyenv to install the version of Python you want without to disturb your system.

Regards.

--
Ludovic Gasc (GMLudo)

I'm using Debian 9 on an ARM board (BeagleBone), for our IoT project.
We write an application which needs Python 3.6. But we are struggling with packaging Python 3.6 as deb packages for Debian 9. We found the dsc file for Debian buster. But there is difference in dependency hierarchy between Stretch and Buster, so the found script produces *.deb files which are not installable (due to missing dependencies).

Could you please provide an official packaging script for Python 3.6 and Debian 9?

Thank you.

--
Quân

Nguyễn Hồng Quân