Re: packages that use dh_python{2,3} but don't depend on dh-python

>>> http://people.debian.org/~piotr/dh_python3_without_dh-python.ddlist
>>> http://people.debian.org/~piotr/dh_python2_without_dh-python.list
>>> http://people.debian.org/~piotr/dh_python2_without_dh-python.ddlist
>>>
>>> The plan is to report bugs first and follow up with changes in -defaults
>>> packages in April or May.
>>
>> These lists have way to many false positives. So please, don't file bug reports
>> before checking these manually.
>
> can you name some so that I can try to figure out what went wrong?

yes. please see below for a description of such packages. Or you might share the
approach how you did construct those lists you posted.

>> You have to exclude all these source packages using python/python3 as a b-d only
>> and which don't build any binary packages without any python/python3 dependency
>> in the packages, e.g. gcc-defaults.
>
> gcc-defaults is not a false positive, it calls `dh_python2 -plibgcj-common` but doesn't
> depend on dh-python

well, this one not anymore.