Re: RFS: mwic 0.7.4-1

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 11:31:07PM +0100, Georg Faerber wrote:
> On 18-03-20 00:46:16, Dmitry Shachnev wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 10:49:26AM +0100, Georg Faerber wrote:
> > > Also, AFAIK, debian/tests/control is obsolete nowadays if
> > > debian/control contains Testsuite:.
> >
> > This is not true. With autodep8 you can test only whether a package
> > can be imported. If you want to run some actual unit tests, you still
> > need debian/tests/control.
>
> In case you're referring to unit tests shipped upstream, that's not
> true. See this [1] and that [2] for an example. The tests are executed,
> but there is no debian/tests/control file.
>
> [1] https://ci.debian.net/data/autopkgtest/unstable/amd64/r/ruby-gettext-setup/20180313_122311/log.gz
> [2] https://salsa.debian.org/puppet-team/ruby-gettext-setup

This is a Ruby package. AFAIK autodep8 can run the unit tests for Ruby
packages and maybe for some other languages, but for Python it can
only test importability. I believe this is due to Python having (too)
many different test frameworks and ways to run them.

See https://salsa.debian.org/ci-team/autodep8/blob/master/examples.md
which shows how the generated tests look like for different languages.

--
Dmitry Shachnev