Re: Move to salsa? Team structure preview ready

On Thu, 08 Feb 2018, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> No need to merge the subgroups ever.
> With this structure, it is one team already.
>
> If there nobody objects, we have to:
>  - migrate the git archives (you volunteered, thanks!)

   - setup the webhook to close bugs
   - configure email on pushes to send commit mails to the package tracker
   - configure IRC notifications (irker?)

>  - ask for membership in the team (everybody)

This is not really needed. In fact I would suggest to de-activate the
"request to join" feature. It mails all "masters" (and all DD are masters
since they need to be able to create new repositories) and it doesn't
offer a way to explain why you need to join the team.

Instead one should go through alioth project members and add them directly
to salsa. And -guest users should create their accound and ask here to be
added (explaining that they were member before already).

But IMO alioth project members should be added to the "modules" sub-group
and not to the top-level group. Otherwise the "interpreter" subgroup will
have way too many members compared to what is desired.

>  - change Python team documentation (who?)

   - document how to setup new repositories (with the webhook, tracker
     integration, etc.)

>  - make an MR for https://salsa.debian.org/salsa/AliothRewriter (who?)
>  - ?

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer