Re: MBF for deprecating Python2 usage

> FWIW I don't share Ben's concern about this being a "backwards
> incompatible" change (who is relying on the precise contents of the
> banner when running 'python' interactively?!).

That's not a backward incompatibility anyone would seriously rely on,
and I don't have that concern.

The backward incompatibility I'm concerned about is: to have ‘python’,
which today invokes Python 2 and some uncountable number of scripts rely
on, change on a near-to-medium future upgrade to instead invoke the
backward-incompatible Python 3 hence breaking those scripts.

Merely noting a change in the interactive prompt's banner is, I agree,
inconsequential by comparison. So that's not the objection.

--
 \        “All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more |
  `\   robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument |