Re: MBF for deprecating Python2 usage

Barry Warsaw <barry@debian.org> writes:

> On Aug 7, 2017, at 14:52, Diane Trout <diane@ghic.org> wrote:
> > Perhaps when launching via the command "python" the interpreter could
> > hint python2 was available? Something like:
> >
> > $ python
> > Python 3.5.4rc1 (default, Jul 25 2017, 08:53:34)
> > [GCC 6.4.0 20170704] on linux
> > Type "python2" for Python 2.7.13
>
> Good idea Diane!

I disagree, it's a bad idea to actively take steps to make the same
command invoke *incompatible* programs depending on the time and host.

(good sigmonster; have a cookie.)

--
 \     “I've always wanted to be somebody, but I see now that I should |
  `\           have been more specific.” —Jane Wagner, via Lily Tomlin |