Re: Python 3 Statsmodels & Pandas

On 29/09/17 23:55, Diane Trout wrote:
On Fri, 2017-09-29 at 22:05 +0100, Rebecca N. Palmer wrote:
statsmodels passed NEW...and FTBFS with

dh: unable to load addon sphinxdoc: Can't locate
Debian/Debhelper/Sequence/sphinxdoc.pm in @INC
That file is in the sphinx-common package, which suggests that at
least
some of the sphinx dependencies need to be Build-Depends and not
just
Build-Depends-Indep.

Oops.

I thought that it wouldn't try using sphinx when not building doc
packages. But apparently being listed in "dh --with" counts as being
used.

I wonder if it's better to filter sphinxdoc out of the dh line, install
sphinx-common, or just always install python3-sphinx?

I have some ideas of what to do, I should be able to fix this soon.

Either always install python3-sphinx (no harm in doing so), or use sphinx-common + python3-sphinx <!nodoc> + nodoc guards in d/rules.

There is no need for more complicated logic.

Ghis