Re: Python 3 Statsmodels & Pandas

On Sun, 24 Sep 2017, Andreas Tille wrote:

> Hi Yaroslav,

> On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 10:00:35AM -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

> > > I would prefer to move pandas to Debian Science or Debian Python.  I
> > > fail to see the specific use in NeuroDebian field.

> > I ould repeat that I don't mind having it moved under -science or
> > -python teams maintenance.  But it shouldn't make it more difficult for
> > me to maintain it.

> Thanks for the permission to move the package.  Could you please be more
> verbose what exactly might make your maintenance more difficult?  Its
> about changing Vcs-Fields and Maintainer field - is this in some way
> making things harder for you?

nah, VCS field(s) is a non issue.  making package non-backportable
automatically, introducing new patch management mechanisms (dpq or
whatnot) which I am not too familiar with -- such things could make
things more difficult.  If just a matter of moving a repository -- that
is all ok as long as I know where to find a new one and could contribute
;)

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Center for Open Neuroscience     http://centerforopenneuroscience.org