Re: Python 3 Statsmodels & Pandas

> If my poor opinion counts:  For the moment we should run those tests
> in
> the build process than can be easily be run.  Everything else should
> probably be sorted out later (in autopkgtest or another later upload
> if
> somebody has a clue how we can solve the circular depenendecies).
>
> We somehow need to get some working spatstats to continue with other
> packages.

[X] Pandas builds with nocheck, nodoc
[X] Statsmodels builds with Python 3 using above pandas
[X] Pandas tests pass with statsmodels for Python 2 & 3 installed.
[ ] Pandas builds docs with statsmodels installed

My most recent build error was about pandoc not being available.

Unfortunately the tests take a long time enough that I can write this
email before I know if adding pandoc fixed the problem.

dh_auto_tests run Python 2.7, 3.5, 3.6 tests, and then autopkgtests
runs them again.

I posted the larger fixes to pandas I've done to the appropriate bugs

#875807 python3-pandas FTBFS: 3 timezone unit tests fail
#875805 python3-pandas: Please break circular dependency

There's a few more minor patches on my laptop that I haven't attached
to a bug for pandas.

* Updating standards version
* using debhelper 10
* switching sphinx doc build to use python3
* and deleting a few more build files in dh_clean target.

I made larger changes to statsmodels, by using pybuild instead of the
previous multiple targets in debian/rules.

All of those changes are currently on alioth in detrout-python3.

When all these tests pass, shall I add myself to uploaders and release?
or does someone else want to review first?

Diane