Re: MBF for deprecating Python2 usage

Diane Trout <diane@ghic.org> writes:
>> What I am opposing is the suggestion to install, in the near to
>> medium
>> term, a command of exactly the same name that has subtly similar but
>> incompatible behaviour, when that behaviour *already* has a command –
>> ‘python3’ – that is widely used by those who need it.
>>

> my problem with that plan is all of the printed documentation saying to
> learn python, type "python".

All *actual* printed documentation? Which refers to Python 3? Could you
give an example here?

Otherwise, (if using a Python 2 book), one of the next steps would be
"print 'hello world'", and nothing would prevent from the horrible
experience that the book is outdated anyway.

Sorry, I don't see the problem with "printed documentation".

Best regards

Ole