Re: Updating Celery, Kombu, python-amqp

Christopher Hoskin <christopher.hoskin@gmail.com> writes:

> I've filed a bug: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=858586
>
> Very sorry about this mess. This is what comes of trying to do
> something complex and precise late at night after a long day's work :(

I can't complain. I have also accidentally uploaded to unstable instead
of experimental for the same reason. IIRC I didn't understand how the
sbuild options worked. I have now put a check in my build scripts to
prevent this type of mistake happening.

I strongly recommend to use dput-ng, it will stop this kind of
mistake. I just checked this to make sure:

% dput -s ftp-master python-mkdocs_0.16.1-1_i386.changes
Not uploading for real - dry run
Uploading python-mkdocs using ftp to ftp-master (host: ftp.upload.debian.org; directory: /pub/UploadQueue/)
running allowed-distribution: check whether a local profile permits uploads to the target distribution
running protected-distribution: warn before uploading to distributions where a special policy applies
running checksum: verify checksums before uploading
running suite-mismatch: check the target distribution for common errors
Upload is targeting experimental but the changes will hit unstable
Upload is targeting `experimental', but the changes will hit `unstable'.
Looks like you forgot -d experimental when invoking sbuild.

Although I used the -s option (I don't won't to risk making the same
error!), I believe if I didn't, it wouldn't let me upload this package
anyway.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>