Re: Moving off of git-dpm (Re: git-dpm breakage src:faker)

Barry Warsaw <barry@debian.org> writes:

> One section I think we should add at some point is instructions on how to
> manually convert to gbp-pq, at least until we do a mass conversion.

Yes agreed.

Not sure how to unapply all patches. "quilt pop -a" won't work, quilt
doesn't realize the patches are applied.

"git checkout upstream -- ." would work, but won't delete any files that
were created by the patch.

Maybe something like the following?

git read-tree --reset -u upstream
git reset -- debian
git checkout debian
git rm debian/.git-dpm

The first line sets the tree as per the latest upstream (assuming this
is uptodate) and then restores the debian directory that got
deleted. Then we just have to delete the debian/.git-dpm file and are
finished.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>