Re: git-dpm breakage src:faker

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 at 20:50:48 +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Jan 2017, Brian May wrote:
> >   3. Update debian/source/options with "unapply-patches" (anything else?).
>
> You don't need that. dpkg-buildpackage unapplies them automatically after
> the build if it has applied them. If they were already applied before the
> build, then it leaves them applied.

Not only do you not need that, it isn't even allowed:

       --no-unapply-patches, --unapply-patches
              [...] Those    options     are     only     allowed     in
              debian/source/local-options   so   that   all  generated  source
              packages have the same behavior by default.

See flatpak, dbus, ioquake3, or basically anything else I maintain
if you need typical examples of gbp-pq packages that sometimes or always
have patches.

(I would be delighted to switch src:tap.py to gbp-pq if you want an example
of migration.)