removing $(PYBUILD_NAME).egg-info with clean target in debian/rules?

Hello all,

I'm trying to prepare a package (tldp, python3-tldp) for acceptance.
I have mentor support from sponsor Gianfranco Costamanga (under bug
#822722).

My build works.  It was really easy using the pybuild system.
Thank you to whomever wrote that.

Problem description:  when I run 'debclean' or 'debian/rules clean',
I still have a directory called 'tldp.egg-info'.  I don't want it to
remain after 'clean'.

Therefore, I added the following fragment to my rules (please ignore
the removal of the Sphinx _build dir):

    override_dh_clean:
        (cd docs && \
                rm -rf -- ./_build)
        rm -rf -- ./$(PYBUILD_NAME).egg-info
        dh_clean

Gianfranco's comment is that I should not need to remove this
.egg-info thing myself.

Is there a better way to remove $(PYBUILD_NAME).egg-info?

Is the 'clean' target not the right one?  Is there a 'distclean' or
something else I should be using?

Thank you in advance,

-Martin

 [0] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=822722