Re: django-pipeline / slimit

> On Wed, 23 Mar 2016, Brian May wrote:
>> I: pybuild base:184: PYTHONPATH=. python3.5 /usr/bin/django-admin test --settings=tests.settings
>                                     ^^^^^^^^^
>>   File "/«PKGBUILDDIR»/pipeline/compressors/slimit.py", line 12, in compress_js
>>     from slimit import minify
>> ImportError: No module named 'slimit'
> [...]
>> Does this mean we need to change the slimit package into python-slimit
>> and python3-slimit packages?
>
> Looks like so, indeed.

Just noticed there is already an bug open on this, filled by me over a
year ago.

Looks like slimit doesn't support Python3 and hasn't had an upstream
release since 2013-03-26.

Any suggestions where to go from here?

Maybe hack pipeline to disable the failing test? I think pipeline can be
configured to use jsmin instead of slimit and jsmin is packaged in
python2 and python3 versions.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>