Re: Problems upgrading r-cran-fastcluster due to failed test in Python module

On Thursday, 17 November 2016 11:24:36 CET Gard Spreemann wrote:
> It's pretty obvious now: The tests start with
>
>  from scipy.spatial.distance import pdist, squareform
>
> so they require scipy. I suggest that python-scipy and python3-scipy
> are added as build-deps.

I now see that the code itself (i.e. not just the tests) refer
optionally to SciPy. For example:

 try:
     from scipy.spatial.distance import pdist
 except ImportError:
     def pdist(*args, **kwargs):
         raise ImportError('The fastcluster.linkage function cannot process '
                           'vector data since the function '
                           'scipy.partial.distance.pdist could not be  '
                           'imported.')

I think it would be a good idea for python-fastcluster to recommend
python-scipy and python3-fastcluster to recommend python3-scipy.

--
 Best,
 Gard