Re: can we disable the bounce kicker? Re: confirm <string>

On Sep 11, 2016, at 09:41 AM, Sandro Tosi wrote:

>now can we PLEASE stop talking about how the perfect smtp system
>should work and GET BACK to discuss if we are able and want to disable
>the suspend membership upon bounces (that's what the mail you receive
>says, so do not nitpick on this term again)

The downside is that the mail system will no longer track legitimate bounces,
so more traffic will be generated to addresses which won't get delivered, and
more bounce traffic will be received by the incoming mail system and just
thrown away.  The question to answer is whether that's an acceptable trade-off
for reducing the inconvenience of people who need to occasionally re-enable
their subscriptions because of the mail provider they use?

I'm not a Debian system administrator, so I can't answer that question.
However, if the impact on the network is acceptable, then all else being
equal, making users lives better is usually a good choice. :)

(I'd still complain to my mail provider, for whatever good that would do.)

Cheers,
-Barry