Re: can we disable the bounce kicker? Re: confirm <string>

On Sat, Sep 10, 2016 at 5:20 PM, Mattia Rizzolo <mattia@debian.org> wrote:
> The correct behaviour if they really want to avoid spam to even reach
> the spam folder, is to accept the email, and discard it.

err that's wrong, so wrong. every email provider with a handful of
users rejects spam messages in the smtp session; not doing so is a
waste of time, it doesnt give any information back to the sender (that
in some rare case is a human and really wants to know the email was
not received) and in some countries (italy to name one) you would be
breaking the law accepting emails and not delivering them to the
recipient.

now that we discussed at length how we should handle the smtp service
with spam, can we please get back on topic? is it possible for the
admins to disable the auto-membership-suspend option on the the python
teams mailing list? is it something others would rather keep or not?

--
Sandro "morph" Tosi
My website: http://sandrotosi.me/