Re: how to build sphinx doc when there is extension

PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel <frederic-emmanuel.picca@synchrotron-soleil.fr>
writes:

> > how about doing it outside pybuild? Do you really need to build it for
> > each interpreter / version?
>

> It is a sort of unit test during the build that auto-doc works for all
> versions of the interpreter.

You're only installing one version of the documentation, though.
Correct?

If so, this package is not a good place to do the test you describe.

> th eunit test is
> try to import all the modules provided by a packages.

That isn't a good fit for “build the documentation”. It also does not
explain why you try to do it with every interpreter.

> Is there something whcih can be automatise at the autodep8 level for
> python ?

You can start with the tests I have in ‘python-coverage’
<URL:https://sources.debian.net/src/python-coverage/4.2%2Bdfsg.1-1/debian/tests/>
which allows you to specify the module names to test.

--
 \         “Education is learning what you didn't even know you didn't |
  `\                  know.” —Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, 1914–2004 |