Re: Building a module and an application package from one source

Sebastian Humenda <shumenda@gmx.de> writes:

> I want to repackage GladTeX (it used to be Perl and has been rewritten
> in Python).

Thank you for working on this package for Debian.

> GladTeX comes with a module and an command-line application. Pybuild
> copies all files into the package defined first in debian/control and
> I am not sure how to separate the module from the application.

Is the “command-line application” just a single program file, which
imports the library and does its stuff?

If so, that file should be installed to the right place (‘/usr/bin/foo’
probably) by the build system. You then configure ‘dh_install’ to
install that file specifically to the ‘foo’ binary package.

Then you use ‘dh_python3’ to package the Python 3 library to its binary
package.

--
 \      “He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of |
  `\        me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not |