Re: using git-dpm or plain git-buildpackage in PAPT and DPMT

On Aug 12, 2016, at 05:50 PM, Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:

>I understand this is a matter of personal taste, but I beg to differ.  I
>have been using git-buildpackage for most of my non-Python packages and,
>despite really small nits here and there, I think it is an awesome tool.

I think there are multiple ways in which git-buildpackage is used.  E.g. I use
`gbp buildpackage` even for git-dpm maintained packages, to build the source
package, etc.  (It even has a nicer `clone` command that makes it easy to
actually get tracking branches; just wish it had something like
`pull-and-update-all-branches` since it's a bit of a PITA to update the
pristine-tar branch.)

It's just the few things that git-dpm adds on top of gbp that we're discussing
getting rid of, like importing a new upstream, managing the quilt patch set,
tagging.

Cheers,
-Barry