Re: Package name for github.com/miguelgrinberg/python-socketio

FYI I did a little searching and realized this has been discussed before. Sorry - I'm new to these old-style mailing lists.
https://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2016/03/msg00074.html

On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 5:28 PM, John Mark Vandenberg <jayvdb@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 5:34 AM, Luke Yeager <luke.yeager@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to make a debian package for this repo:
> https://github.com/miguelgrinberg/python-socketio

It is only a year old, so maybe they would be open to the idea they
should pick a more unique name now.

https://github.com/miguelgrinberg/python-socketio/commit/aa2e146a60aa9b2257ce748690104c796a09b551

Or if they really want to use "socketio", they should provide
near-100% compatibility with the "socketio" that has existed for many
years, breaking very cleanly where the implementation details are
different.  Which could actually be a good thing, as the main
"socketio" author isn't currently maintaining their package:

https://github.com/abourget/gevent-socketio/commit/1c84627980c0b77f8f9005fdbcc916ca33d0e4d1

--
John Vandenberg