Re: python-social-auth 0.2.19-1 review

Hi Michael,

On 19 May 2016 at 08:41, Michael Fladischer <michael@fladi.at> wrote:
> my quick review after building it:
>
> - lintian complains about site/js/bootstrap.min.js, AFAIKT the "site"
> folder  contains the project's website. Maybe you would like to remove
> it by repacking the source tarball.

There's a patch[1] adding sources for bootstrap CSS/JS minified files,
but this doesn't makes much sense, right? They aren't included in
binary, nor the orig source tarball. I can repack it as a
DSFG-compatible tarball, but would like to receive a second opinion
about the mentioned patch, confirming if it is really useless.

> - You could shorten "python-all (>= 2.7~)" from Build-Depends to
> "python-all".

Noticed but somehow forgot about it later. Done[2].

> - It's more accurate to use "Expat" instead of "MIT" in d/copyright.

I respectfully disagree with you at this point, as I had already
talked about it on "debian-mentors" last month[3]. In this case
there's even an additional detail: the copyrighted files specifically
uses the "MIT" name for the license. Using a different name under
"debian/copyright" would be an inconsistency.

> - Both binary packages ship the documentation. While it's only a few KB
> it would be an option to move the documentation to a separate binary
> package.

Nice catch. I've added a separate binary package for the
documentation[4] and built it as HTML instead of text (Debian Policy
Manual, §12.4 Preferred documentation formats[5]).

> Cheers and thanks for your work!

You're welcome. Thanks a lot for your review. :-)

[1]: https://anonscm.debian.org/git/python-modules/packages/python-social-auth.git/tree/debian/patches/0001-append-uncompressed-bootstrap-as-its-source.patch?id=f94ec2c
[2]: https://anonscm.debian.org/git/python-modules/packages/python-social-auth.git/commit/?id=f4543a1
[3]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2016/04/msg00060.html
[4]: https://anonscm.debian.org/git/python-modules/packages/python-social-auth.git/commit/?id=f94ec2c