Re: nose2 reverse dependancies

On Wed, Mar 02, 2016 at 09:42:57AM +1100, Brian May wrote:
> According to https://udd.debian.org/cgi-bin/autoremovals.cgi:
>
> Brian May <bam@debian.org>
>    djangorestframework: buggy deps nose2, flagged for removal in 28.7 days
>    python-mkdocs: buggy deps nose2, flagged for removal in 28.7 days
>
> Which is fine, nose2 really is broken, am about to upload a fix.
>
> However I can't see any reason why a buggy nose2 is affecting
> djangorestframework or python-mkdocs.
>
> There doesn't appear to be anything that build-depends on nose2, or its
> binary packages python-nose2 or python3-nose2. Have I missed something
> obvious???

They are down the dep chain:

nose2 => nose2-cov => python-pytest-cov => python-watchdog =>
python-mkdocs => djangorestframework

(if I did my work correctly)

To be more precise, that's what will get removed from testing if you
don't fix that bug (from autoremovals.yaml.cgi):

nose2:
  bugs:
  - '812710'
  dependencies_only: false
  last_checked: 2016-03-01 17:51:47
  rdeps:
  - aodh
  - borgbackup
  - ceilometer
  - couchapp
  - cov-core
  - designate
  - django-countries
  - django-oauth-toolkit
  - djangorestframework
  - djangorestframework-gis
  - djoser
  - drf-fsm-transitions
  - drf-haystack
  - hovercraft
  - mistral
  - mitmproxy
  - nose2-cov
  - openstack-meta-packages
  - python-jsonrpc2
  - python-kdcproxy
  - python-mkdocs
  - python-pymemcache
  - python-pytest-cov
  - python-tooz
  - python-watchdog
  - vmware-nsx
  - vulture
  removal_date: 2016-03-30 17:33:24
  source: nose2
  version: 0.5.0-2

> Reason I ask is because I was planning on testing building packages
> against nose2 that were broken before uploading a new nose2, however I
> can't see any packages that require nose2, which I find somewhat
> confusing. So probably will upload anyway.

Hopefully I cleared some.
FYI, I don't know of a nice way to build a dependency graph, like
sometimes I see somewhere, with graphiz

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo