Re: pybuild sphinxdoc and extensions

Piotr Ożarowski wrote:

> binary-indep (or build-indep or override_dh_auto_build-indep) is the
> right target: -indep targets will be ignored when only architecture specific
> files are build

OK, I see.  Unfortunately, I didn’t succeed to use any other target than
dh_installdocs for building the docs.

>> • Using the override_dh_auto_install target instead of
>>   override_dh_installdocs as Piotr suggested in his first message does
>>   not work: the documentation build scripts cannot import kwant.  It
>>   seems that when dh_auto_install is run the directory to which
>>   PYTHONPATH (see below) is set, is empty.
>
> that's because you used versioned path and all files were alredy moved
> to /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages

I tried again.  Using (…)/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages doesn’t seem
to change anything.

>> • The suggestion from Piotr’s fourth message was to use the target
>>   override_dh_auto_build and set PYTHONPATH to `pybuild --build
>>   -i python3 -s custom --build-args 'echo {build_dir}'`.  This evaluates
>>   to (…)/.pybuild/python3_3.4/build but that directory is empty.
>
> did you run it *after* invoking dh_auto_build?

I did...

>> • Finally, Piotr’s last suggestion (to use pybuild) also doesn’t work:
>>   the import of kwant fails.
>
> if you still have this code in another branch, I can take a look

Please do.

I’ve made a “better_rules” branch on
https://gitlab.kwant-project.org/kwant/debian-kwant.git (You can clone
that URL directly.)