Re: Amend Debian Python Proposal to Include More Python Metadata?

On Jan 22, 2016, at 05:50 PM, Donald Stufft wrote:

>Forget that pip can fetch files from PyPI and install them for a moment and
>consider the command ``pip install .``. Fundamentally this is similar to the
>command ``make install`` right?

Please remind me what the long term plan for this is.  Let's say it's 2021 and
you and your amazing team of dozens of distutil-sig developers have been
cranking away the whole time.

What tool will be used to build Python packages?

What tool will be used to upload (built/source?) Python packages to
WarehouseNG?

What tool will be used to download Python packages from WarehouseNG?

What tool will be used to install packages from WarehouseNG into an importable
location?

Cheers,
-Barry