Re: Amend Debian Python Proposal to Include More Python Metadata?

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 12:40 PM, Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com> wrote:
> Currently --record includes the .pyc files which is both unneeded and bad.
> Before this gets added either in setuptools or by us, this needed to be fixed.

Why is this bad?  Isn't the point that the record file lists the files
installed by the installation process?  If the pyc files are installed
as part of the package, they should be listed.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fred at fdrake.net>
"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein