Re: Packaging Python that requires 3.5

Hi Brian,

On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 05:08:20PM +1100, Brian May wrote:
> Apparently this doesn't work just yet.
>
> In debian/control I have X-Python3-Version: >= 3.5
>
> This gives in the Depends:
> python3.5:any, python3:any (>= 3.5~)
>
> This cannot be statisfied because python3 the version in unstable is
> 3.4.3-7

I recommend simply waiting until 3.5 is the default (do we have any ETA
for that?).

If you really want this now, you need to make sure that your scripts have
explicit python3.5 shebangs and not generic python3 ones (and you will need
to revert to python3 ones as soon as we get 3.5 as default, else it will
break with next default version change).

--
Dmitry Shachnev