Re: ITP: python-freetype -- Python bindings for the FreeType library (and request to join DPMT)

Hi,

I'm planning to package python-freetype (freetype-py) as it is needed by
another project that I am planning to package (python-palaso - no ITP yet).

I'd like to join DPMT to have it team maintained.
(username 'wdg').
I've read https://python-modules.alioth.debian.org/policy.html and I accept it.

I've put the packaging I've got so far into team git:
git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/python-modules/packages/freetype-py.git

This is my first python package so it would help if someone else could
check it before I upload. I think it is ready (bar a decision on below).

python-palaso hasn't been ported to Python 3 yet, so would it be ok to create
a Python 2 package for python-freetype as well as the Python 3 one for now?
If not (though policy chap 1 says new packages 'should use Python 3' rather
than must) and I have to do the python-palaso port, before it can be used,
so be it.

Regards,
Daniel