Re: dh-python (pybuild + dh_py*) documentation

Hi Piotr,

On Mon, 26 Oct 2015, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> How can I improve it? Do you need more detailed description of options?
> Do you need more examples? Or maybe I should hide most of options, the
> "corner case" ones? I focus on making things work out of the box, if
> possible, and make it very customizable so that weird corner cases are
> possible as well - this means there are a lot of options, is this the
> problem?
>
> Can you be more specific about what's missing?

I for one lack a high level presentation of how the various bits work together
and a clear description of the "magic" behind each tool.

For instance, dh_python2 explains that it tries to translate Python
dependencies into Debian dependencies but it's not clear that it needs
the corresponding packages installed (so it's not clear that for this
to work you have to add something to Build-Depends).

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer